žžƵ

St. Paul
University
Catholic
Center

Client
St. Paul University Catholic Center
Location
Madison, WI
Size
54,000 SF
Completion date
December 2017

St. Paul's University Catholic Center is prominently located on the edge of the University of Wisconsin campus and has served Catholic students in Madison since Thanksgiving Day of 1883.

St. Paul's University Catholic Center is prominently located on the edge of the University of Wisconsin campus and has served Catholic students in Madison since Thanksgiving Day of 1883. Originally established as "The Melvin Club", St. Paul's became the first Catholic chapel at a secular university in the United States and gave birth to what would grow into the worldwide Newman movement. The new St. Paul's will become a place where Catholic students can, study and worship together, as well as invite the greater university community into dialogue through the use of the new building. The project was designed by žžƵ in association with Matthew Alderman Studios.

Exterior of St. Paul University Catholic Center
Exterior patio gathering space at St. Paul University Catholic Center.
Stained glass window at St. Paul University Catholic Center.
Detail of the decorative painting on the ceiling of the worship space at St. Paul University Catholic Center.
Interior meeting space at St. Paul University Catholic Center.
Multipurpose space at St. Paul University Catholic Center.
Interior worship space at St. Paul University Catholic Center.
Interior worship space at St. Paul University Catholic Center.
Awards
The Dennis Wilichowski Craftsmanship Award
The Wisconsin Masonry Alliance
2020